We have a COVID-19 plan. Attend with confidence.
The Extraction Expo 2021 conference is scheduled to go on as planned. As the event approaches, our team will be following any issued updates about COVID-19.
Our staff is following CDC-Guidance on the precautionary measures needed to be taken to ensure the safety of all event participants. We are continuing to monitor daily developments related to the disease outbreak and potential impact on travel to and within Los Angeles, California.
Currently, our meeting hotel, Hilton Los Angeles Airport, is operating normally. Any changes to operating status will be communicated immediately to all registered conference attendees, speakers and exhibitors.
We continue to implement preventive measures in line with the CDC recommendations and the input of our medical consultants. We have health and safety protocols in place, including:
- Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
- Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
- Frequent cleaning of high traffic areas
The Centers for Disease Control has issued guidance for COVID-19 prevention and treatment, including the following:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick (within about 6 feet)
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home when you are sick
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw used tissues in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask:
- If you are sick: You should wear a facemask when you are around other people (e.g., sharing a room or vehicle) and before you enter a healthcare provider’s office.
- Learn what to do if you are sick.
- If you are NOT sick: You do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick. Facemasks may be in short supply and they should be saved for caregivers.
- Handwashing: Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- *If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
On behalf of the MACE Media Group Team, we thank you for your continued support. Your safety is our No. 1 priority.
For more information about the Extraction Expo 2021 conference, we encourage you to keep a look-out for email updates daily.